She does do protective styles with Blue’s hair as seen here:
We hardly ever see Blue. She’s probably wearing these styles regularly. If her hair wasn’t being properly maintained, it wouldn’t be as thick and long has it is now. I haven’t seen many two-year-olds with that much hair.
"Cause you know at the age of two lil black girls hair was braided up with some beads" — Yeah and a lot of those little black girls now have thinning edges and short hair. Just because it’s done a lot, doesn’t mean it’s good thing.
And she’s only a baby, her scalp is sensitive. Wearing tight twists/braids and barrettes all the time is going to pull out her hair. And think about this: Why does her hair need to be in “cute ponytails" or "beads" as you’re saying? Do little white girls or Asian girls or Hispanic girls have to wear their hair like that? No. Black girls should be able to wear their hair out in that same way if they want to. It shouldn’t have to be pulled back. And where is this "not moisturized" assumption even coming from? The only way you’d be able to tell is if you’ve actually touched her hair.
I appreciate that you’re trying to be natural but you need to do more research on the natural hair movement and black hair care.
Nude Portraits series by photographer Trevor Christensen
I love this.
This is awesome.
Some black girl hair humor & the economy:-)
Follow for more styles
Full Sew in as protective style when transitioning
Follow fir more styles
For shampoos/conditioners try one of the following:-
1) mane n tail the original mane shampoo/ conditioner
2) herbal essence hydration totally twisted
3)kinky curly come clean
4) Shea moisture raw Shea butter shampoo/Shea moisture restorative conditioner
5) Wen by Chaz dean
6) african pride olive miracle 2-in one shampoo/conditioner
Rinse out conditioners for daily co-washing:-
1) suave Naturals ocean breeze/ suave coconut conditioners.
2) Aussie moist - the best deep conditioner u will ever need.
3) Vo5 conditioners
Leave in conditioners:-)
1) Oyin hand made honey hemp- great for transitioning hair.
2)kinky curly knot today- great for detangling
3) eden body works Shea butter
4) the great detangler- great for detangling thick hair ( from target)
5)cantu leave in conditioner
6)Shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream-for maintains healthy hair.
7) Jamaican nano & lime cactus leave in conditioner
1)organics olive oil replenished
2)bioinfusion deep olive oil deep conditioning treatment
3) a Giovanni tea tree deep conditioning treatment
4)Karens body beautiful condition
For styling, twists & gels
1) Talijah waajid lock it up
2) organic root stimulator lock & twist gel
3) Ecostyler gel
4)lily of the desert Aloe vera gel- make a spritz with this gel & water .
5)kinky curly curling custard- also great for daily use
1) raw Shea butter- more effective when mixed with olive oil. ( best moisturizer)
2) Shea moisture deep treatment masque
3) Shea moisture curling soufflé
4)miss Jessie’s baby butter cream.
5) Hawaiian Silky 14-one - great for recovering most damaged hair.
6) curly hair solution curl keeper- great for frizz
For essential oils
1)Jamaican black castor oil,coconut,peppermint,rosemary,avocado,olive,tea tree,argon,almond, ( mix any 2or more to make a hot oil treatment,for edges, scalp massages ,sealing in moisture & can be applied on hair tips to control split ends).
2) Africa’s best ultimate herbal oil
3)african pride olive oil miracle growth oil
Those are some of the best on the market & remember the best products aren’t always the best. Also stick to the same products each season for better results & next season try new ones.:-)
i live in brazil so no guns here thank god